Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

It was a busy weekend of house projects and cleaning.  I did happen to go on a play date/breakfast with some wonderful ladies and their kids Saturday morning so it wasn't all work. So far I am a head of the game with my resolutions.  We finished putting together the kitchen island and cleaned and painted both the interior and exterior of the fireplace.  I can't wait to show you the fireplace. 

I am really excited about the island (thanks to our awesome parents).  It will add more storage space for us and add a nice work center for cooking.  The table we had before was nice but it was too low and of course there was no storage.  We purchased the island at Amazon.com.  It was a pretty great steal.  I would have loved a custom island but again we are on a small budget so this will have to work.  I am definitely happy with it.


This is not my kitchen.  I will post some pictures soon.  The light in our kitchen does not work and it's late so the kitchen is pretty dark. 

This weekend no big projects just cleaning.  I need to focus my cleaning efforts on the upstairs and attic. Both floors have been neglected lately.  I will post pictures of the fire place later this week.  You have to see the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment