Friday, October 5, 2012

DIY Book Slings

Like most things in my house I find some inspiration piece from the internet and try to duplicate it.  These book slings were no exception.  


I originally loved this bedroom because of the pompoms.  I thought it was such a great idea to dress up a room.


When I was looking at more of the pictures I saw the picture of the book slings and knew instantly I wanted to do them. 



Since I don't know how to sew I asked my mom if she would be so kind to make them for me.  She said "yes," as long as I found the directions.  I found a great Tutorial here: Penny Carnival

I am so happy with them.  The only thing I would do different is use wooden dowels.  We used plastic ones because Chris couldn't find the wooden ones at Lowes.  You can tell they curve in a little bit because of the weight.  Maybe eventually we will switch them out but for now they work. 


Here are a few more examples that I liked from other blogs (click on the picture to go to their blog):








What a unique way to show off those awesome books. 

Are they not adorable???   This guy thinks so. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment