Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Upgrading that Boring Cabinet with Painted Wallpaper



This past weekend I planned on getting a ton of crafting, a DIY project, and house work done...well it didn't quite happen.  I ended up with a really bad migraine on Sunday; (I've had them since I was really young but have grown out of them; I occasionally will get them but it's rare that they are so bad I can't function) so my plans were put on hold until Monday night.

This Saturday I decided I was going to paint my 1/2 bathroom and wallpaper the back of our bathroom cabinet.  I've been looking for wallpaper that would match our brown and teal theme but haven't found anything.  A couple of weeks ago when I was at Lowes I saw the paintable wallpaper so I kept it in mind while I was scouring different sites.  Wallpaper can be super expensive and when you only need a small amount it seems pretty stupid to drop $80 to $100.  So when this weekend came I decided I wanted to try painting the Lowe's wallpaper...I was tired of looking at wallpaper...seriously there is a lot out there and a lot of ugly ones!

Here are the before pictures.  You can see the water stains. (ignore the ugly accessories :0) )




Wallpaper before painting it:



For the wallpaper I decided to go bold and went with the paint color Vintage Teal from Lowes. This is unusual for me since I am really scared of using color.  I always use neutrals (including in my wardrobe). 




I am so glad I decided to do this (the pictures don't do the paint color justice).  I am super happy with the results and it was beyond easy.  I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to dress up an old cabinet or needs to cover up water stains like I did. I think I may need to use it somewhere else since I have a lot left over and I love how it turned out. 



Stay tuned to see how I finish the rest of the bathroom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment