Thursday, September 27, 2012

Affordable DIY Nursery Wall Decor

When I was looking for nursery inspiration my favorite place to look was Project Nursery.  The gallery has 100s of real nurseries. There were so many neat ideas.  Here are a few I thought would be really neat for an infant or toddler room (click on the picture to view more pictures):

Number Wall Art - what a great DIY idea!  So cute and easy,  Buy letters and spray paint... how hard can that be.


Vintage Frame Wall Gallery - Another super easy DIY project.  Collect old frames from your home, thrift stores, rummage sales, etc. and spray paint. I love this look and am working on putting a vintage frame gallery in our room


A bookshelf wall - This is a great way to add color to any room plus you get to display those great kids books.


Awesome storage for all those baby goodies.  I love being organized! Such a great idea to help organize plus make a room look super cute and colorful.


Fabric Collage - What an easy, cheap, and simple project, especially if you already have a ton of fabric scraps at home.  If not, get embroidery hoops and fabric scraps from your local fabric store and hang... sounds pretty simple. :) 

Art/Picture gallery - Another great way to add color to a room.  This could be cheap or expensive depending on your prints.  If you are an artist you could easily create your own art and purchase frames at a variety of different stores.  If not, there are great ideas at Etsy and Piecemaker Studio.


Pompoms - Who would have thought party decorations could be used as room decor.  I love this idea.  Etsy has a ton of colors and sizes or if you feel really creative you could create your own.


These are just a few of the great ideas out there.  Not everything cost a ton of money just sometimes it takes a little creativity. 



1 comment:

  1. This blog let me felt delighted with its sensible writing. When I started to read first line I got to know that there is something to learn when I will touch its bottom. And yes I learn a lot.wallpaper ลายไทย

    ReplyDelete